Charter Realty is a full-service commercial real estate development and brokerage company founded in 1993 by Paul Brandes and Daniel Zelson specializing in retail property, mixed-use properties and leasing strategies. Charter’s vertically integrated platform identifies value-creation and growth opportunities for all real estate product types.
Charter Realty consists of a highly skilled and experienced team of Real Estate professionals.
Acquisitions & Development
Charter seeks to take advantage of opportunities that exist in the current real estate marketplace by pursuing strategies that lead to long-term stability, growth, and profitability. These strategies include the following:
- Owning and operating a high quality portfolio of shopping centers in select and diverse markets, each with strong economic and demographic characteristics, in order to maintain a portfolio of real estate assets with stable income and the potential for long-term growth.
- Identifying value-add properties with the potential to enhance "frequency-of-visit" characteristics through application of mixed-use leasing strategies.
- Adaptive re-use or redevelopment of out of favor asset types and obsolete properties to maximize intrinsic infrastructure and location value.
- Unlocking long-term value through operational savvy and active property level ownership; direct involvement with tenant business planning coinciding with ownership value creation strategy.
- Locating new development and re-development projects which incorporate land assemblages, adaptive reuse, and/or environmentally sensitive “Brownfield” situations.
- Developing successful governmental approval strategies associated with ground-up developments or re-developments.
- Applying best-practice planning guidelines to enhance physical characteristics and property level consumer experience.