Charter seeks to take advantage of opportunities that exist in the current real estate marketplace by pursuing such strategies as:
- Owning and operating a high quality portfolio of shopping centers in select and diverse markets, each with strong economic and demographic characteristics, in order to maintain a portfolio of real estate assets with stable income and the potential for long-term growth.
- Maintaining a diversified and complementary tenant mix with an emphasis on long-term anchor leases with retailers such as grocery stores and drug stores providing day-to-day consumer necessities in order to generate stable income, balanced by shorter-term, non-anchored leases in order to respond to evolving trends and generate income growth.
- Developing in-depth local and regional market expertise to capitalize on market trends, retailing trends and acquisition opportunities.
- Implementing a disciplined program of growing its portfolio through investing in established, modern, stable shopping centers located within the Company’s markets to fully utilize its in-depth market knowledge, long-standing relationships and management acumen to create consistent long-term appreciation.
- Charter seeks to take advantage of opportunities that exist in the current real estate marketplace such as:
- Locating new development and re-development projects which incorporate land assemblages, adaptive reuse, and/or environmentally sensitive of “Brownfield” situations
- Developing successful governmental approval strategies associated with ground-up developments or re-developments
- Acquiring assets from distressed sellers at values substantially below market value and replacement costs
- Identifying poorly leased, under-performing shopping centers where ownership has mismanaged or improperly identified the asset’s market